Our mission is to equip people to make a difference in their world. We do this by creating outstanding products and by trying to make a difference in the communities where we live and work.
We have a rich New England heritage that inspires the way we make our products and run our business. We make boots, shoes, clothes and gear that are comfortable enough to wear all day and rugged enough for all year. And we don’t rest on our accomplishments — if we did, we’d only have ever made one waterproof leather boot. For some of the highlights, check out our history here.
One part of our history and our future that makes us particularly proud is our commitment to doing the right thing. Whether it’s making products with the environment in mind, volunteering in our communities, or having one of the toughest Codes of Conduct around, we care about our colleagues, our community and our planet. HOW we do our business matters.
If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to share your professional talents, feel free to check out our job board.
- Born: 1978 when Abington Shoe Company became The Timberland Company
- World Headquarters: 200 Domain Drive, Stratham, NH 03885 USA (603) 772–9500
- Distribution: Sold worldwide through independent retailers, better-grade department stores, athletic specialty stores in addition to Timberland’s own retail locations.
- 2010: Revenue $1.4 billion
- Employees: 5,600 around the world